Dogmopolite is the first and only company in Hungary which is member of the British PIF, the Pet Industry Federation.
The Pet Industry Federation combines five specialist trade associations under one umbrella group. Federation members are pet industry specialists and include groomers, pet boarders, pet retailers and manufacturers. We are the only organisation to represent all the different sectors of the pet industry: together our voice is stronger.
We offer industry-led qualifications and training in dog grooming, pet retail and kennel & cattery management and organise pet trade events. Membership of the Federation offers a hallmark of quality: all our members agree to abide by sector specific charters to demonstrate good practice.
Our membership comprises mostly small, medium-sized enterprises ranging from pet retailers, dog groomers, kennels & catteries, manufacturers, wholesalers and professional services, which included colleges, publishers, dog walkers, pet sitters.
The Federation and its Associations support members through a great range of services. More information on these is available in our Membership section.
The Pet Industry Federation provides a quality assurance of businesses in the pet care sector: all members agree to adhere to our charters, representing best practice for the different sectors of the pet trade on joining the relevant association.
The Pet Industry Federation Charter
Each member, when joining their association, agrees that they and their company will:
- Strive to improve industry standards
- Promote responsible pet ownership
- Strive to ensure customer satisfaction at all times
- Always provide customers with clear and current information about products and services in a polite and professional manner
- Ensure all staff are appropriately trained to carry out their job role and that they have a comprehensive understanding of company products, services and procedures
- Minimise the environmental impact of the business wherever possible
- Promote best practice in animal welfare by observing the Five Welfare Needs: Diet; Accommodation; Wellness; Sociability; Behaviour
- Maintain the working environment to ensure it is fit for purpose
- Abide by all current legislation relative to the business
- Not bring the pet industry, the Pet Industry Federation or divisional association into disrepute